Thursday, October 7, 2010

Birthday Went Well!

I'm overdue posting here, mostly because I've been sidetracked (sorry for the pun) with respect to my railroad work...

I did get generous gifts at my birthday that will allow me to buy the components that I want to purchase for my first test layout.  I should be able to get a DS64 and the module to allow my computer to work the Digitrax equipment I already have.

And I DID get 3 of the IR detectors I spoke about in a previous entry.  The idea is to test out a simple siding with the IR detectors installed.  This will allow me to test a whole bunch of stuff...

I also settled on RDC's for my commuter rail sections... I can get one to start with and build up from there.  I'll be able to get into consisting, and I'll be able to run them independently after my layout is complete and so I will be able to continue extending the computer control project making it more and more complex as I go.

I think this modular and staged approach will keep this hobby working more like a process than a project, which is the best way to keep up with it I think.

Anyway, if you want to check out what's been distracting me lately, check out my new blog - Mirthful Moose Musings... this will be a generalized blog about what is going on in my life, and keeping me from these other hobbies...

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment